How it work’s?
What is Connectme – (Hotspot)?
- Connectme – (Hotspot) is a free, open source software based router for PCs running Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2. Using Connectme – (Hotspot), users can wirelessly share any internet connection (Wifi, LAN, Cable Modem, Dial-up, Cellular, etc.) with any Wifi device (Laptop, Smart Phone, iPod Touch, iPhone, Android Phone, Zune, Netbook, wireless printer, etc.) These devices connect to Virtual Router just like any other access point, and the connection is completely secured using WPA2 (the most secure wireless encryption.)
Where can Connectme – (Hotspot) be used?
- Anywhere you are!
- Washroom :p
- Bus Station
- The Park
- Grandmas House
- The In-Laws
- Absolutely Anywhere!
- Fully animated GUI
- Builten status bar
- Auto tell us hosted network supported YES/NO
- View connected (Clients) statistics
- Save settings after connected
- Fastest and very Fixable
- Minimize to tray after connected
- The most secure WPA2/PSK wireless security encryption
How do I know if my computer/hardware supports Connectme – (Hotspot)?
- First, you need to have a Wifi device and driver that both support the Windows Virtual Wifi and Wireless Hosted Network features. Drivers that are Certified for Windows 7 or Windows 8 will work. Well, our this software also tell us our computer is hosted network supported or not.
- The Wireless Network create/shared with Connectme – (Hotspot) uses WPA2 Encryption, and there is not way to turn off that encryption. This is actually a feature of the Wireless Hosted Network API´s built into Windows 7 and 2008 R2 to ensure the best security possible. You can give your “Connectme – (Hotspot)” wireless network any name you want, and also set the password to anything. Just make sure the password is at least 8 characters.